Picked up this overall dress at Savers. I think it was $10 or $12, but it was half off. I was really excited about its potential!I loved the olive green color because it works beautifully as a neutral. It just needed a little updating to make it perfect.
- took in back seam for a closer fit
- created belt to emphasize waist
- created bow detail for back
- altered back to a V shape
- shortened hem
- removed distracting square logo on the front pocket
The hardest part was working around the hardware. I couldn’t remove most of it, because it would have left behind large holes, so I had to work around that. That’s why I only took in the center back seam–the side seams weren’t an option.
For the full tutorial, please watch below.