This refashion is another one that began when I inherited my grandmother’s clothes after she passed over a year ago. I loved the print and the soft blue color. However, I felt it wasn’t something I would really wear, so it made for a perfect refashion. That, and it was missing several buttons to begin with.
One of my friends suggested on Instagram that I refashion the top into a high-waisted skirt, and I loved the idea! So I went with it.
Here are some of the steps involved:
- opened shoulder seams with seam ripper
- created new side seams for skirt
- removed extra yoke piece and sleeves
- created new waistband, attached it to skirt, and inserted Kam snaps on top
- added additional button holes, more buttons, and replaced missing buttons
- placed triangle piece of striped fabric into back of skirt to make it easier to walk in
- lowered hem about an inch
Full tutorial video below.
Again, here’s what we began with.
And here’s what we got!